Administrative Coordinator - LMT Network Created by mberry on 9/5/2019 10:21:27 PM
The Loving Muslims Together Network requires an Administrative Coordinator to serve as the administrative hub for the Canadian Leadership Team and the larger Canada-wide network.
Loving Muslims Together exists as a network to rally and support the Canadian church to give all Muslims in Canada the opportunity to become disciples of Jesus Christ.
• mobilize prayer and action
• nurture relationships, communication & collaboration
• connect people to opportunities, training and resources
• inspire outreach and discipleship
• influence people to love Muslims together
Loving Muslims Together (LMT) is a national network let by the Canadian Leadership Team (CLT), and local networks led by local leadership teams. It is a ministry of Outreach Canada.
LMT requires an Administrative Coordinator to serve as the administrative hub for the Canadian Leadership Team and the larger Canada-wide network. The Administrative Coordinator will report directly to the Global Team Leader at Outreach Canada who serves on the LMT Canadian Leadership Team. He/she will be a strong team player able to make decisions within the purview granted him/her.
Location: Working from the Outreach Canada offices, 2 7201 72nd Street, Delta, BC. Consideration will be given to the right person working remotely.
Hours: To be determined in consultation with the applicant based on availability to fully implement the role.
Remuneration: Salary will be negotiated. This role is funded by means of shared fundraising. It will be the responsibility of the successful applicant to work with the LMT leadership to secure ongoing funding for this position.
Duties: Working directly for the Global Team Leader at Outreach Canada this individual will provide administrative leadership to the Network in the following areas:
- Be the proactive communication hub of LMT.
- Facilitate appropriate response to enquiries, from all sources
- Facilitate communications to the network and the public.
- Understand and maintain the LMT “brand” appropriately in all communication.
- Working with the Canadian Leadership Team, ensure that the Network’s vision and purpose are clearly communicated, understood and maintained throughout the Network
- Maintain accurate records of all Network leadership meeting minutes, policies, and core documents.
- Provide technical capacity and leadership in the following areas:
- Working with others, update and maintain the LMT website www.lovingmuslimstogether.ca
- Working with others, update and maintain the LMT database and ensure its appropriate usage.
- Working with the LMT National Leadership Team, lead the coordination and logistics of the annual meetings and biennial conference.
- Represent Outreach Canada’s administrative requirements to the Network
- Ensure that all Network groups are functioning well within the administrative requirements of
- Where necessary, coach new Network Leaders on OC’s business and operation processes.
- Support the Network volunteers as requested.
- Be able to engage, support, respect and work with LMT volunteers.
- Resolve issues in a godly and gracious manner.
- Lead the Operations Team meetings, focused on the tactical functions and operational priorities of the
- Provide administrative and logistical support to implement the decisions of the Operations
- Work with the LMT Canadian Leadership Team on a strategy to ensure sustainable funding for this
position and potentially other Network needs.
- Be self-motivated and require little day-to-day supervision
- Other duties as assigned by the Global Team Leader.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- College or University graduate preferred
- Proven administrative skills. Preference will be given to individuals with administrative experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for occasional business use.
- Some travel required within Canada.
- Godly and gracious in working with others. A committed disciple of Jesus Christ with a heart for
ministry to Muslims.
- Flexibility in new and unique business situations.
- Professional demeanor.
- A strong team player with a service orientation and customer focus.
- A proven ability to multi-task
- Some experience coordinating and hosting public functions
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- An understanding of ‘branding’ and corporate culture and an ability to support the LMT brand as a ministry of Outreach Canada in word, deed and actions.
- Proactive, able to take control and make decisions within their realm of authority.
- Willingness to learn about Muslim evangelism and discipleship.
- Excellent organizational skills, good people skills.
- Ability to communicate in English is essential; in French, Farsi, Arabic, etc. desirable.
To apply for this opportunity please contact:
Lorna Johnston, Global Team Leader
Outreach Canada Ministries
604-952-0050 ext. 311