/ Wednesday, November 16, 2022
“Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.” -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 MSG
Would you join us in making a difference in the lives of Cross-Cultural Workers and Missionary Kids through the MORE HOPE 2022 campaign today?
The most traumatic transition a missionary faces is repatriating to their passport country. Surprised? Similar for MKs, but for different reasons.
The Lord has created a strategic collaboration (MORE) between most evangelical mission orgs and some sending churches.
Together we ARE stronger.
We are celebrating our 10th anniversary of MORE Network. To celebrate, we’re inviting you to give, to strengthen and further this work. Gifts of love. Gifts of encouragement. Gifts to say, “we’re with you.” We’re giving gifts ourselves! As the Apostle Paul said, “follow my example.” Give as we are giving.
Your gift will be matched through the generosity of others. Together we can!
Donate today or find out more information at the MORE HOPE 2022 website.
Wilderness ReBoot Ministry Highlight
Children of missionaries of all ages (MKs) need specific guided advice from wise support team members and counselors, who have personal experience, training and are professionals in this level of care.
An example of this is Wilderness ReBoot … an off-the-grid retreat for MKs ages 21-35. Led by MKs for MKs, using the beauty of God’s wilderness as the backdrop, these adults experiencing all kinds of transitions (education, marriage, moving), spend a week together.
MKs wrote after attending this retreat:
- "I appreciated the theme of Solitude, Community and Ministry. It’s a life spanning, important theme to digest."
- [I appreciated] "Hearing people’s stories was very impactful. The time of solitude was also very good. The open atmosphere really made the camp and you, leaders, did a good job in creating that atmosphere, thank you."
- [I appreciated] "The warm community -how it really felt like a safe space to open up with others. Receiving kind words and prayers/encouragement from people- staff and participants alike."
- "Events like this are really important in the journey... connection with other MKs being the main thing."
- [I appreciated] "The community of fellow TCKs and the sharing of stories. The beautiful scenery also helped!"
- "Personally, I love that this was outside, no technology, no distractions beyond the camp."
Wilderness ReBoot Video
Here is a short video from the 2022 Wilderness ReBoot's highlights that captures the essence of the retreat …
This ministry is a reality through the sacrificial love and giving of so many! Together we ARE stronger!
Visit MORE HOPE 2022
The MORE Network operates as a network of like-minded Canadian Christ-centered organizations committed to proactively providing member care to each other’s cross-cultural workers. We are comprised of mission sending and training organizations, churches, and a host of individuals. Together we agree to work collaboratively and collegially with each other, giving freely of our gifts and abilities (counselling, debriefing, nurturing, training, administration) as God has gifted us.
The MORE Network exists to bolster, strengthen and encourage Canadian Missionaries and their children in times of transition. We facilitate care for singles, couples, and families, particularly as the repatriate from the cross-cultural assignment, and facilitate the resourcing of member care support staff. We provide group support, education and resources for foreign workers and their families.