Outreach Canada Website
/Thursday, February 18, 2021
Outreach Canada is looking for a Finance Administrator.
The Finance Administrator is an integral part of the Support and Services Team, reporting directly to the CFO. This person is responsible for maintaining accounts payable, payroll, budgets, reporting and analysis of financial data and works closely with the income processing team member.
Part-Time: 3 days/week
- Reconcile and enter income into QuickBooks.
- Processes account payables.
- Process payroll semi-monthly. Payroll payments and recording are done by ADP.
- Issue ROEs as required.
- Monitors all account balances.
- Prepares and generates financial month-end reports for each team member and departments.
- Prepares activity/event-based reporting in co-operation with all departments.
- Oversees and maintains all financial and banking reconciliations and procedures according to proper accounting standards and charity’s policies.
- Completes and submits the annual T3010 Charity Return to CRA.
- Reporting and filings to WorkSafe BC, FEBC (Group insurance), and Revenue Quebec as needed.
- Filing with CRA including subsidies and grants (CEWS) as needed.
- Works with staff to generate individual account budgets as well as the overall mission budget annually.
- File annual T1223 for staff members receiving clergy residence deduction.
- File for GST refunds twice per year
- Meets with auditor as needed for Annual Audit in March.
- Provides financial reports as needed for Executive Director and OC Board.
- Active follower of Christ and involved in a local evangelical church.
- Accounting training/certification, hands-on bookkeeping experience.
- Knowledge of how to develop, implement and monitor financial systems.
- Ability to co-ordinate the preparation of budgets and the annual audit process.
- Ability to prepare timely and accurate financial reports.
- Proficiency in the use of PC computers.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Familiarity with not-for-profit, charitable sector and tax requirements.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Experience with HR functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
The Finance Administrator will work with the Executive Team to serve OC in keeping with our guiding principles:
- Work with the goal of partnering with and developing healthy churches
- Work collaboratively to equip people for various opportunities for leadership and ministry
- Promote partnership as a preferred way of working with others
- Maintain prayer as the foundation of all of our ministries
- Strive to invest our resources in activities that will lead toward national impact
- Commitment to working together in teams
- Value and promote innovative thinking
- Maintain a strong research base for the ministries we participate in
- Adherence to our OC Statement of Faith
- Adherence to our OC Code of conduct
- Extended medical benefits and LTD coverage will be provided for employees who work more than 20 hours per week.
- 3 weeks of Vacation
- Training provided as needed
- A positive work environment and opportunity to serve the Lord with the gifts and talents He has given.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com