/Monday, November 9, 2020
Simply Mobilizing, a ministry of Outreach Canada, is the parent ministry for the Kairos Course as well as other mobilizing tools. We help mobilize the Church in Canada to be on mission with God. As of January 2020, Simply Mobilizing Canada operates in 7 languages and has run 175 courses with 3,328 participants.
We’re looking for a creative, enthusiastic, results-driven Social Media Manager to drive the Simply Mobilizing social media platform. Working with the SM National Coordinator and the Digital Marketin Team, tasks include concepting and creating social media posts, community listening, community engagement, monitoring and issue escalation, and general maintenance. The Social Media Manager will also provide community insights that will be used to hone and improve social media campaigns and promotions and grow the base of subscribers.
- Some experience in a social media role, ideally with a non-profit such as a local church or community group
- Experience with the Kairos course or other Simply Mobilizing tools preferable
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, CANVA and social media scheduling tools
- Possess an energetic, outgoing, can-do attitude
- Position Type: Internship
- Duration: 3 month, 6 month or 12 month internships available
- Expected time allocation: 3-5 hours per week which includes community listening
- This work builds on the recent rebranding of Simply Mobilizing Canada and offers a concrete opportunity to engage others in living as world Christians with a biblical worldview. You will work alongside the current Outreach Canada social media professional with supervision by Simply Mobilizing Canada’s National Coordinator
- Ongoing need to develop content, grow network and maximize impact
- Envision and acquire/develop content primarily for Facebook
- Start date: January 2020
To apply, send an email to Lorna Johnston at email@example.com expressing your interest in this role and how you fit the candidate profile. This posting will remain active until the role is filled.